Monday, December 1, 2008

Ophir: Bye Bye New Zealand


Hi,
Here I am, sitting down, writing this post, knowing tomorrow it will all end. Knowing that after tomorrow, no more 24/7 with Family, no more seeing sheeps everywhere. No more eating sandwiches for lunch, and the most fabulous food for dinners. No more public toilets, (yes) and no more holiday. Tomorrow I will go back on the plane, yes, I will go to Australia, and then S’pore. But then it’s back to Israel. At the beginning everyone will be so happy we came back, and we will have really good times with all our friends and close family. And then, after we settled in, we will go to school, make new friends, do test and exams. Go to sleepovers, eat at friends house, go to the mall, have a room, have a house…NOT use public toilets. In other words, forget all about this trip. All about seeing 3 chickens up a tree, that kept us awake all night. No more 100000 dead possums on the roads. No more eating in “Bla Bla Bla” or “Yuckie Yuckie”
I just don’t know how to put all my thoughts in words. I had the best time in my life doing stuff like jet-boating and bungy, when everyone else are all in school. I just can’t accept that it’s all over. The kind people, the funny accents. And my fears are that we will forget it all. And forget how to talk in English.
Here I am, sitting down rereading my post, and feeling the tears rush up to my eye’s but with lots of force, stooping them. Knowing that now, I only have pictures for memories.
And here I am, Akaroa 1.12.2008,
Saying goodbye.

No comments: