Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shira is telling her point of view - Humpridge track




























"In the beginning we parked somewhere so we could choose if we wanted to walk there or to take a ride but someone gave us a ride. On the whole track I did not whine and it was 10 hours. we could get a shortcut but the person who gave us a ride told us it’s dangerous for the kids. There were another friend of ours we were meeting them, one was called Mandy, that’s the big one, and one was called Max.
Every once in a while we stopped to have Oreo or little chocolate because we were walking so nicely. Ido and I fell in the mud mud mud because he was carrying me from one side of the mud to the other because daddy wasn’t here, because he was going to the other Hut. It was so muddy. I was carrying all the dolls and some things for us.
We had some whistling kind of candy, it was a shape of a star and it was two stars and it had a hole for the whistle. We put it between our teeth and we blow like huuuuuurrrrr. We got to the place and we went in the school Hut but the school Hut wasn’t ours. So a guy was coming with us and we thought it was this one but there was a little track just a stony one, count until one or something and there you’re. Just in the beginning of it I fell on rocks, lots of rocks. I got something that hurts me more than a broose so mom carried me on her back.
Then we got there and we met Mandy and Max. Mandy and Max were taking the shortcut. They did it before. We ate dinner and then I was still hungry but really tired so mum put me to sleep and she sang to me songs.
On the next day we created dad’s birthday even though it was the next day but we still did it. He was so surprised because we bought balloons and the happy birthday thingy that we hanged from a bed to another bed. And for lunch we ate noodles. And we went on the beach. We found some place that hunters live in winter there cause they don’t like sleeping with others. And the school Hut was also for hunters. They hunt pigs. Ophir saw a pig. She didn’t fully see it.
On the last day I woke up and mom asked me if I want to go on a helicopter on my first time. I said yes. I thought it was a joke because we never went on a helicopter before. And the helicopter took us to the car. We saw the car and we passed a bit the car and then there was a really fun turn. There was headphones that you can talk through them and you can hear each other like in stuff like that thingies that goes to your mouth but you can hear people louder with it, but just it was only some people and mom couldn’t hear us casue she didn’t have any. It was really loud if we didn’t have headphones. The helicopter was 10 minutes only and we asked if we can go to Auckland and come back to the car but it was too expensive. In the end we didn’t. It was really really fun that I wanted to stay but I couldn’t.
I only enjoyed part of the track, only like in the end where we could see the Hut and be in the Hut. Bye"

No comments: