Cairns (Thursday 7th of August)
It is me again. Can’t believe that I will stick to the blog idea, but I was thinking that the first days are crucial. And who knows, maybe I will get addicted. So many changes and so many new thingies are happening. Probably after sometime there is some routine and even if we see new things everyday it won’t be that astonishing as it is right now.
And not that now we’re seeing astonishing things. It is mainly getting adjusted and realizing that we are actually here. We’re already 2 nights with Carl, our minivan. Kids are sleeping in the car (first night 3 of them at the back, second night Shira chose to sleep in the front near the wheel… she’s tiny enough to fit there but I don’t think she can keep it for too long). Amit and I are sleeping in a tent and so far I love it!!!
It is pretty cold at night and in the mornings and besides, we are all excited from the weather. It is basically dry. For me it is the most amazing change – no sweating so far, even though it is getting pretty hot during midday.
The park we’re in (Big4 Cairns Crystal Cascades) is pretty busy because this is the “hottest” season in Cairns (not in terms of temperature but in terms of popularity). Especially this year because it is pretty cold down south at Sydney vicinity.
Showers and towels are clean and I get used to it.
I have many more things to write but Amit is complaining that we can’t spend here the whole day. Anyways, it takes us about 2 hours to get organize in the morning and it is already 10:30. We have to move on!!! I will finish this specific post another time.
Talia
Ps. Just few words about what you see in the pictures:
· The pickles spilled in the fridge. It was very smelly. You can see that Ophir is cleaning. First time in her life maybe?
· Amit is giving instructions to kids about fixing the bed in the morning and showing each of us his/her job.
· Kids are going to sleep in the car
· Shira is sleeping in the front
· Ophir & Ido making up after first fight
Ophir says:
Hello. Okay, first thing’s first.. WOW! After a long, sleepless flight here we are:
Australia.
None of us slept more then 2 hours, unless we count Shira, she slept enough for us all. And as soon as we landed, we were all sleep-walking. (Shira too?!) Anyway, when we got off the plane, we had to wait in a lonnnng line, and then wait for all our 9 bags we had to wait for 4 hours to the next flight. L But the good news are that we all fell asleep on the seats, we looked dead, when I woke up a woman was talking to the grad asking if we were okay. He said “yea, they were here for the last 3 hours sleeping, they must be from somewhere in Europe. We just went a long with it. After the second flight we went in a taxi to the placey were you get the car. When I first saw it I was sure it was way to small. And when we got to the cap will stay in for the next 2 nights I was sure it was too small (especially next to all the huge R.V’s) But as soon as we opened the “car house” we saw that there is just enough space for every thing. We even have jobs. But I’ll tell you about then maybe some other day. So far Australia’s great although the sun’s out and very very strong there is lovely cold <= (cold)
wind. At night and early morning its really cold, but I guess for who ever lives here its not (I mean were like in coats all freezing meanwhile they are like with tops and shorts.) But we’ll get used to it, I hope.
So watch out Australia cuz here we come!!
Ophir. XX
Facts about “home car”
Gender : Boy
Name : Carl
Age : 7
Height : 2.8 m
Weight : (he’d rather not talk about.)
It is me again. Can’t believe that I will stick to the blog idea, but I was thinking that the first days are crucial. And who knows, maybe I will get addicted. So many changes and so many new thingies are happening. Probably after sometime there is some routine and even if we see new things everyday it won’t be that astonishing as it is right now.
And not that now we’re seeing astonishing things. It is mainly getting adjusted and realizing that we are actually here. We’re already 2 nights with Carl, our minivan. Kids are sleeping in the car (first night 3 of them at the back, second night Shira chose to sleep in the front near the wheel… she’s tiny enough to fit there but I don’t think she can keep it for too long). Amit and I are sleeping in a tent and so far I love it!!!
It is pretty cold at night and in the mornings and besides, we are all excited from the weather. It is basically dry. For me it is the most amazing change – no sweating so far, even though it is getting pretty hot during midday.
The park we’re in (Big4 Cairns Crystal Cascades) is pretty busy because this is the “hottest” season in Cairns (not in terms of temperature but in terms of popularity). Especially this year because it is pretty cold down south at Sydney vicinity.
Showers and towels are clean and I get used to it.
I have many more things to write but Amit is complaining that we can’t spend here the whole day. Anyways, it takes us about 2 hours to get organize in the morning and it is already 10:30. We have to move on!!! I will finish this specific post another time.
Talia
Ps. Just few words about what you see in the pictures:
· The pickles spilled in the fridge. It was very smelly. You can see that Ophir is cleaning. First time in her life maybe?
· Amit is giving instructions to kids about fixing the bed in the morning and showing each of us his/her job.
· Kids are going to sleep in the car
· Shira is sleeping in the front
· Ophir & Ido making up after first fight
Ophir says:
Hello. Okay, first thing’s first.. WOW! After a long, sleepless flight here we are:
Australia.
None of us slept more then 2 hours, unless we count Shira, she slept enough for us all. And as soon as we landed, we were all sleep-walking. (Shira too?!) Anyway, when we got off the plane, we had to wait in a lonnnng line, and then wait for all our 9 bags we had to wait for 4 hours to the next flight. L But the good news are that we all fell asleep on the seats, we looked dead, when I woke up a woman was talking to the grad asking if we were okay. He said “yea, they were here for the last 3 hours sleeping, they must be from somewhere in Europe. We just went a long with it. After the second flight we went in a taxi to the placey were you get the car. When I first saw it I was sure it was way to small. And when we got to the cap will stay in for the next 2 nights I was sure it was too small (especially next to all the huge R.V’s) But as soon as we opened the “car house” we saw that there is just enough space for every thing. We even have jobs. But I’ll tell you about then maybe some other day. So far Australia’s great although the sun’s out and very very strong there is lovely cold <= (cold)
wind. At night and early morning its really cold, but I guess for who ever lives here its not (I mean were like in coats all freezing meanwhile they are like with tops and shorts.) But we’ll get used to it, I hope.
So watch out Australia cuz here we come!!
Ophir. XX
Facts about “home car”
Gender : Boy
Name : Carl
Age : 7
Height : 2.8 m
Weight : (he’d rather not talk about.)
וקצת בשפה שלי בשביל האנשים שלי...
יום חמישי, והיום בעצם התחלנו ממש. יצאנו לדרך ממש מאוחר, אחרי שעות של התארגנות. אנחנו נוסעים צפונה לדיינטרי. בינתיים עצרנו לפיקניק לארוחת צהריים ליד פורט דוגלס.
אנחנו ב"מוד" תפרני כדי שנוכל לסיים את הטיול הזה בכבוד, לכן אנחנו כמעט בכלל לא נאכל במסעדות וכו'. ארוחת בוקר – סיריאל (טוב, אנחנו עוד רבים על זה. עמית הוא בעניין של בריאות, והוא לקח את זה קצת קשה מדי והוא מציק לילדים. אנחנו צריכים למצוא פשרה שגם הילדים יאכלו ויהיו מרוצים וגם אבא שלהם יהיה מרוצה וירגיש שהם לא אוכלים רק סוכר. אני העפתי את עמית מהטיפול בעניין ומנסה למצוא פתרונות). צהריים – סנדוויצ'ים, וארוחת ערב – עמית. מבשל לנו. סוף כל סוף חוזרים לזה אחרי ארבע שנים של לדעת שיש לצידי מבשל תיאורטי.
אוסטרליה יקרה ואנחנו מנסים להתנהל נכון – לעשות מה שצריך, אבל בלי להשתגע ובלי להוציא על דברים מיותרים.
הילדים קצת המומים מהנהלים החדשים. לדוגמא, עכשיו גמרנו את הפיקניק ולהפתעתם המרה הם גילו שהם לא יכולים מיד לעזוב אותנו וללכת לנדנדות שיש ליד, אלא קודם כל צריך לפנות מהשולחן, להחזיר למקרר ברכב, לרחוץ כלים ולעשות סדר. לאט לאט הם יכנסו לזה ויבינו שככל שהם יעשו יותר עמית ואני נעשה פחות... ולהיפך. והם בטוח רוצים אבא ואמא מרוצים.
היתה גם תקרית המיץ מלפפונים חמוצים שנשפך במקרר. קצת רשלנות של עידו והרבה סירחון במקרר. אני דווקא שמחה שהדברים האלו קורים כי זה לא נורא מדי, ועדיין זה חינוך נהדר לילדים. ואנחנו הרי בעניין של לחנך גם הילדים שלנו על הדרך...
אז עכשיו הם מתנדנדנים בנדנדות, עמית בודק את עניין הגז ברכב, ואני – על המחשב. לפני שנגמרת הבטריה שזה בערך תוך כמה דקות.
הילדים גם כותבים יומן במחברת אמיתית, חוץ מהבלוג שלנו.
זהו. עכשיו הולכת לשתות תה לפני שממשיכים...
טליה
יום חמישי, והיום בעצם התחלנו ממש. יצאנו לדרך ממש מאוחר, אחרי שעות של התארגנות. אנחנו נוסעים צפונה לדיינטרי. בינתיים עצרנו לפיקניק לארוחת צהריים ליד פורט דוגלס.
אנחנו ב"מוד" תפרני כדי שנוכל לסיים את הטיול הזה בכבוד, לכן אנחנו כמעט בכלל לא נאכל במסעדות וכו'. ארוחת בוקר – סיריאל (טוב, אנחנו עוד רבים על זה. עמית הוא בעניין של בריאות, והוא לקח את זה קצת קשה מדי והוא מציק לילדים. אנחנו צריכים למצוא פשרה שגם הילדים יאכלו ויהיו מרוצים וגם אבא שלהם יהיה מרוצה וירגיש שהם לא אוכלים רק סוכר. אני העפתי את עמית מהטיפול בעניין ומנסה למצוא פתרונות). צהריים – סנדוויצ'ים, וארוחת ערב – עמית. מבשל לנו. סוף כל סוף חוזרים לזה אחרי ארבע שנים של לדעת שיש לצידי מבשל תיאורטי.
אוסטרליה יקרה ואנחנו מנסים להתנהל נכון – לעשות מה שצריך, אבל בלי להשתגע ובלי להוציא על דברים מיותרים.
הילדים קצת המומים מהנהלים החדשים. לדוגמא, עכשיו גמרנו את הפיקניק ולהפתעתם המרה הם גילו שהם לא יכולים מיד לעזוב אותנו וללכת לנדנדות שיש ליד, אלא קודם כל צריך לפנות מהשולחן, להחזיר למקרר ברכב, לרחוץ כלים ולעשות סדר. לאט לאט הם יכנסו לזה ויבינו שככל שהם יעשו יותר עמית ואני נעשה פחות... ולהיפך. והם בטוח רוצים אבא ואמא מרוצים.
היתה גם תקרית המיץ מלפפונים חמוצים שנשפך במקרר. קצת רשלנות של עידו והרבה סירחון במקרר. אני דווקא שמחה שהדברים האלו קורים כי זה לא נורא מדי, ועדיין זה חינוך נהדר לילדים. ואנחנו הרי בעניין של לחנך גם הילדים שלנו על הדרך...
אז עכשיו הם מתנדנדנים בנדנדות, עמית בודק את עניין הגז ברכב, ואני – על המחשב. לפני שנגמרת הבטריה שזה בערך תוך כמה דקות.
הילדים גם כותבים יומן במחברת אמיתית, חוץ מהבלוג שלנו.
זהו. עכשיו הולכת לשתות תה לפני שממשיכים...
טליה
No comments:
Post a Comment