Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Day Before






Sunday night. I'm writing from Patrick's computer so I don't have Hebrew fontsbut decided to write a post anyways because tomorrow the real thing starts...
I am also adding some photos that summarize the last few days. very crazy. Packing our stuff to OZ & NZ. It is soooooo heavy and it seems like we're taking too many things. Actually, we take very few clothing but we couldn't avoid taking some kitchen related stuff, cause Amit is going to cook for us and he needs the real stuff. Winter clothing take a lot of space as well - and we assume that it will be pretty cold in NZ. We also bought 2 (Pilates) mats because the first month in OZ we're going to sleep in a tent. And of course all the other important utilities. Oh, and books and working books for the kids - I think this is the main problem. We're having tens of KG just because of that. Each of us chose so many books, and because I am supposedly the teacher I bought so many working books for the kids. Luckily, we're going to get rid of it once they finish, and some of the books we're going to get rid as well, or at least exchange with others. Hmmmm.... I really hope that as the time goes by we will have less luggage that we're starting with, but isn't it always the wish that doesn't come true?!... For sure we will not buy ourselves stuff. We're going to be in a "matkonet tafranit" if we wanna make sure that we will finish the trip on the designated date. I hope no surprises.
We're all very excited. I am very excited. I am not sure what to expect. I was never on a trip longer than 2 weeks. I love my bed and I love when my kids don't annoy me a lot. Seems like there is a good chance that these two petty things will not be available.
I can't believe that this trip that we've been planning for more than a year will actually start tomorrow night. It is always shocking when the future actually meets the present and they become one point. and then past :-(
We're also closing beautiful and amazing and crazy and pampering and interesting and strange 4 years in S'pore. I am happy that before we go back to our previous life... We have a chance to have this experience of spending 4 1/2 months just the falimy (OK, I have to explain this - This is one of Shira's inventions. When she just started to write, she wrote on note - I love my falimy. Since then we're not a family anymore but a falimy), and in places that rumors say that they are very BEAUTIFUL.
That's what I wanted to write just before we start. I really hope that in sometime in the future when I read it I will proudly smile that indeed my hopes became reality and not that I was pathetic with my expectations :-)

Talia - Mom









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi talia! =) sounds exciting and lots of fun - and do take care where ever you are!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Well,you are on your way to the DREAM trip. Manyakim... (Mefargenim...)
Have lots of fun, and miss us a lot - 'cause we will miss you.
See you back home.

The Atzabas

Anonymous said...

awww,the background picture of this blog is so nice!!!
the children are really beautiful!

how's the trip so far?havent seen any updates...

Anonymous said...

Hi Talia!

How have you been? I also want to see updates! Hope you are enjoying yourselves! =) Take care!!