Sydney, Thursday 4th of September, 2008
Ok, I’m a woman so it is time for sikumim (conclusions), isn’t it?
So I came up with some questions that I am going to ask each member of the family independently and of course ask myself as well. We’ll see what are the similarities and dissimilarities of this cohesive family…
I’ll just let you know that we arrived last night to a camping in Sydney. It is very tricky this Sydney thing. You reach Sydney but then it takes an hour to drive to the camping within Sydney because the city is so huge. Amit and I decided already at the start of this trip (or few days after we started when we realized that we need a plan) that we will not spend any time in Sydney itself at this part of the trip but only when we come back to OZ in December for 10 days. I mean 8. We keep saying 10 but it is 8. Not sure why…
And we also decided that we’ll arrive early to the camping and will spend the whole time unpacking all our stuff, clean the campervan, pack our staff again, return the campervan and drive to the motel in the airport where we’re staying the last night – all with a strict timetable that Amit set for us. Tomorrow we have to leave the motel at 5am.
Everything worked according to the timetable except that we cleaned the car too well, but who dares standing against my sometimes obsessed husband?!
So this is the background, and now to the questions:
Ophir:
Q: What were your favorite moments in OZ?
A: Wet n’ wild in the Gold Coast and eating…
Q: What disappointed you most about OZ?
A: All the work I had to do, and not sleeping enough…
Q: What was your favorite food?
A: Custard and Daddy’s burgers. Oh, and I hated veggie mite
Q: What job did you hate most?
A: Washing the dishes by myself.
Q: What surprised you?
A: The kindness of the Aussie people; That we saw more dead kangaroos than live ones :-))))
Q: What do you regret not bringing?
A: Nothing.
Q: any conclusion for OZ?
A: ah?
IDO
Q: What were your favorite moments in OZ?
A: I really enjoyed when we went to walk and at the end of the walk there was a river with a lot of rocks and we hopped from one to the other. Because rock hopping is fun and I felt good with all my family. Oh, and of course wet n’ wild but I wasn’t with all my family (mom was not there).
Q: What disappointed you most about OZ?
A: We didn’t stay in cabins a lot.
Q: What was your favorite food or dish?
A: Daddy’s burgers and French toast.
Q: What job did you hate most?
A: Washing the dishes.
Q: What surprised you?
A: I didn’t expect Shira to get more mature on this trip.
Q: What do you regret not bringing?
A: We didn’t really forget anything.
Q: Any conclusion for OZ?
A: I like OZ!
SHIRA
Q: What were your favorite moments in OZ?
A: Being in the water park; jumping on the jumping pillow.
Q: What disappointed you most about OZ?
A: We didn’t go to another water park.
Q: What was your favorite food or dish?
A: Tuna, pasta with cream sauce that I ate with my hands because we didn’t have any fork or spoon.
Q: What job did you hate most?
A: (Not really applicable to Shira)… to carry my bag.
Q: What surprised you?
A: The people who can surf in the beach.
Q: What do you regret not bringing?
A: My penguin doll.
Q: Any conclusion for OZ?
A: No.
Amit
Q: What were your favorite moments in OZ?
A: The high tide in Frazer Island.
Q: What disappointed you most about OZ?
A: I can’t remember.
Q: What was your favorite food or dish?
A: The dishes I cooked (brown rice, the chicken oatmeal).
Q: What job did you hate most?
A: Get the family going.
Q: What surprised you?
A: The driving distances.
Q: What do you regret not bringing?
A: Nothing.
Q: Any conclusion for OZ?
A: Take it easy; stay longer at one place; never try to cover all the attractions.
Talia
Q: What were your favorite moments in OZ?
A: Frazer Island, watching the Dolphins, some family moments
Q: What disappointed you most about OZ?
A: That it didn’t enable us resting and relaxing.
Q: What was your favorite food or dish?
A: Amit’s burgers and oatmeal chicken.
Q: What job did you hate most?
A: Making Amit relaxed when he gets annoyed about the kids.
Q: What surprised you?
A: How easy it is to get used to be travelers the kind we are, and to sleep in a car in not very easy conditions
Q: What do you regret not bringing?
A: More warm clothing for all of us; more books :-)))))
Q: Any conclusion for OZ?
A: I wanna come again for longer period with no kids.
3 comments:
Jesus christ, you are turning into a crazy psycologist. Careful, you'll end up like my dad.
Love, ATS
hello! this is halie! how are you guys? i miss going to your house everyday! hahaha i hope all is GrEaT! and you all enjoy the rest of your long vacation!! byyeebye!
=D =D =D
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment