The Talisman Café, Karangahake Gorge, 17th of September, 08
Peace from Mars. (Well actually peace from New Zealand.) Mom said I should write about all we’ve seen in NZ so I’m gonna go back all the way to Auckland. First, we went to get our new motorhome that we named Rebecca, but Ophir and I call her Becky. Then we had a 1 hour drive north to a town called Waiwera. It was a beautiful town, and we ate at a very nice and reasonably cheap restaurant. I ate a burger, mom and dad shared a seafood basket, Shira had fish ‘n’ chips, and Ophir got nachos with beef sauce. We all tried Shira’s fish and even I liked it.
The next day we had bacon and eggs, and then we went to a place called Waiwera Infinity. It was a bit like a small water park except it had pretty small slides that were pretty fun. My favorite one was called Bob’s Mistake. The height difference from the end of slide to the pool was about 1.5m, and I told mom the name is Bob’s Mistake because the man who built it is called Bob and he accidently made the end too high. There was also a lava pool that was at 48 degrees which no one dared to get into, and there was a sapphire pool at 40 degrees which was stuffed with people. There was a movie pool with a big screen next to it and it was at 38 degrees and the heat was natural.
The next day we came back to Auckland to the national museum to learn and get a good start to NZ. I learned so much. Did you know that Auckland is actually above a volcano and 600 years ago it erupted? We learned all about volcanoes and how important but dangerous they are.
The biggest eruption was in Indonesia. It affected the whole world and made it cold all year round. The population of the world came down to few thousands. But somehow it came back up. There was also one in Iceland that reached Syria. Dad & I also learned a bit about the wars between the Maoris and the British.
I'm tired so I think I'll continue some other time.
See ya.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
to read the ido's blog was very interesting and nice i lcoved it.
Post a Comment