Sunday, September 21, 2008

Showers, 19.9.08

I wanna write some words about showers in our trip. I was thinking about it while showering. In general I am OK with the showers in the camps, but deep in my heart I miss my own homely bathroom. Rarely did I have an opportunity to get a real good shower. Luckily I haven’t encountered problems of cleanliness, however I did encounter other problems -
* the water doesn’t get hot (or not hot enough);
* the water doesn’t get cold;
* the water gets hot, but then cold, and hot again – without you being involved in the process;
* the water is hot, but the stream is ridiculously weak;
* the water is hot and the stream is great but you need to use coins (50 cents for 6 minutes) to operate the shower; you think you put enough money to enjoy even half an hour, but not knowing how much time has passed and thinking of the water suddenly turning cold make you really nervous and miserable.
* the water is hot, good stream, and free of charge but the shower is limited to 6 minutes. After 6 minutes you need to press a button to take another round. The button is OUTSIDE the shower.
* all the above mentioned are perfect, but there is wind in the shower room, and it is deadly cold once you move one centimeter away from the water (or even worse, turning off the water). So you just stay in the middle of the stream and plan to never leave. Even if you know your family is waiting for you to do stuff (eat, wash dishes, play) and you’re going to piss ‘em off.

The main point is that taking a shower became a project in our trip. Not surprisingly, for the first time in my kids’ life – they don’t take a daily shower, and they love it of course. I don’t have anymore excuses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

come to afula free of charge you get jakyzy and you do'nt have to look fpor the time ranning.
סבא

Anonymous said...

do you get my comments?

Anonymous said...

שנה טובה לאבא
שנה טוב לאמא
shana tova ophir
shana tova ido
shna tova shira
tomorrow we'll be all together
except all of you, but you are in our heart, looking to see you soon.
love & happy year.